Rick Rack - Craft Trim Sizes, Colors, and Ideas
Rick rack is a flat braid that is woven in wave shape. It's easy to use as an accent or edging on clothing, accessories, home décor, and any craft project. Rick rack can be fused, glued, or sewn on to a variety of materials. It is made from cotton, rayon, or most often polyester. It comes in a variety of colors, including specialty colors like rainbow and metallic. Rick rack can also be embroidered or made of chenille. You can purchase rick rack in a range of widths, and typically has 2.5 yards of edging in a package.
Rick Rack Sizing, Brands, and Packaging
- Wrights Rick Rack can be purchased in packages of 2 1/2, 3, and 4 Yards.
- Wrights Rick Rack is commonly found in three widths. Baby is 1/4" wide,medium is 1/2" wide, and jumbo is 5/8" wide.
- Edging on clothing
- Accessories-purses, wallets, etc.
- Home décor-from placemats to table cloths to pillowcases to towels
- Holiday ornaments
- Flowers (sew the points of one side together and pull the thread tight)
- Scrapbooking borders/embellishments
- Zigzag stripes on any craft project
- Blanket trim
- Hair bows & headbands
- Burp cloth edging
- Bows on presents
- Photo borders
Check out the various projects made with rick rack at our Think Crafts Blog.
Save and Share