Photo Corners – Safely Mount and Display Pictures
Photo corners are used in papercrafting projects including scrapbooking, cardmaking and altered art to adhere photos to paper. They are triangular shaped pieces of paper in a variety of premade sizes, colors and designs a sticky adhesive on the back. Paper corners are useful when attaching a photo to a project without damaging the picture. Images can also be easily traded out when using photo corners. While functional, they also offer an additional design element for a project. Photo corners are not limited to photos; they can be used to adhere additional lightweight objects, from paper matting to tags to other flat embellishments.
Types of Photo Corners
Self Adhesive: Sticky-backed and come ready to apply, with an adhesive already on back. These can be actual, non-3D stickers.
Decorative: come in different shapes or a pretty material.
Handmade: You can make your own photo corners, either from a punch or by cutting a triangle from your desired material, such as ribbon or paper.
How to Choose the Right Photo Corner
- The main factor in deciding what kind to use is to consider the object you wish to adhere.
- Generally, items that weigh less will work better with photo corners as the items won't later pull free because of their weight.
- Design is the other major factor. You can find or create a complimentary photo corner to enhance or elevate any project.
How to Use Photo Corners
- For a sticky-backed adhesive, simply peel off the covering on back and press the photo corner into place. The best way to do this is to slip corners over opposite ends of the photo and stick to your paper. If you choose to put photo corners on all 4 corners, slip on the remaining 2 and press.
- For handmade photo corners, bend the triangle around the corner of your photo or other object (or, in the case of ribbon, wrap the ribbon around the corner). These types will need an adhesive such as a tape runner to attach them.
- Punches are used directly on the photo (or other item) to replicate the look of a photo corner.
Popular Brands of Photo Corners
Christina M. Okeson
Save and Share