Craft Pom Pom – Types, Trim, and Making Your Own
pom poms are fuzzy fiber balls that come in all sizes and
metallic and glitter. Packages may contain a
variety of colors, or can come in one color. Because of their
size and the ways that they are used, pom poms are
typically sold in bulk, varying from packs of around 12 to packs of
100 or more. They can also be attatched to a ribbon as a trim.
Using Craft Pom Poms in Your Project
- A normal white glue does not stick to the fibers of craft pom
poms very well.
Hot glue or
fabric glue are most effective for gluing pom poms.
- Craft pom poms can be attached to paper, cardboard,
fabric, felt, wood, or a variety of other surfaces.
- They can add dimension to many paper projects.
- Pom poms are available in packages, or attached to trim. Pom Pom trim can be glued with a hot glue
gun along any long surfaces you wish to embellish, or can be
wrapped around different objects you want to liven up.
Craft Pom Pom Sizes
The size of the pom pom is based on its diameter. If you would
like a pom pom larger than 2 inches, you can make your own from
Making Your Own Pom Poms
You can make your own pompom out of yarn and a
pom pom maker.
Popular Craft Pom Pom Manufacturers
Project Ideas Using Craft Pom Poms
- Butterflies, Chicks, Spiders, other animals
- Ornaments, wreaths, snowmen, candy canes, and other holiday
- Pencil toppers
- Finger puppets
- Scrapbooking embellishments
- Antennae, noses, buttons
For more ideas and inspiration, visit ThinkCrafts.com!
Save and Share