Craft Pom Pom – Types, Trim, and Making Your Own
Craft pom poms are fuzzy fiber balls that come in all sizes and colors, including metallic and glitter. Packages may contain a variety of colors, or can come in one color. Because of their size and the ways that they are used, pom poms are typically sold in bulk, varying from packs of around 12 to packs of 100 or more. They can also be attatched to a ribbon as a trim.
Using Craft Pom Poms in Your Project
- A normal white glue does not stick to the fibers of craft pom poms very well. Hot glue or fabric glue are most effective for gluing pom poms.
- Craft pom poms can be attached to paper, cardboard, fabric, felt, wood, or a variety of other surfaces.
- They can add dimension to many paper projects.
- Pom poms are available in packages, or attached to trim. Pom Pom trim can be glued with a hot glue gun along any long surfaces you wish to embellish, or can be wrapped around different objects you want to liven up.
Craft Pom Pom Sizes
The size of the pom pom is based on its diameter. If you would like a pom pom larger than 2 inches, you can make your own from yarn.
Making Your Own Pom Poms
You can make your own pompom out of yarn and a pom pom maker.
Popular Craft Pom Pom Manufacturers
Project Ideas Using Craft Pom Poms
- Butterflies, Chicks, Spiders, other animals
- Ornaments, wreaths, snowmen, candy canes, and other holiday items
- Pencil toppers
- Finger puppets
- Scrapbooking embellishments
- Antennae, noses, buttons
Projects Using Craft Pom Poms
Kids Crafts: Pom Poms
Fork Pom-Pom Garland
Pom Pom Tree Centerpiece
Pom Pom Caterpillars
Pom Pom Candy Corn
For more ideas and inspiration, visit ThinkCrafts.com!
Save and Share