Craft Foam – Sheets, Shapes, and Decorating
Craft foam comes in all shapes and sizes
and can be used in a multitude of ways. It gives dimension to
your craft projects and comes in a wide variety of colors. Craft
foam is perfect for kids' crafts because it is nearly mess free,
and fun to play with. In addition to sheets and stickers,
craft foam visors, hats, and beads can also be purchased for safe
and fun crafting for kids.
Types of Craft Foam
- These sheets can be cut easily with the
FloraCraft Foam Cutter
- They can be purchased individually or in packs
- Are available with or without an adhesive back
- Small foam letters usually come in small buckets and can be
used to personalize your craft projects
- Large foam letters can be purchased individually and can be
decorated to be used for personalization (monograms or spelling out
a name for a wall decoration.)
- Foam Adhesives are used to secure the foam pieces to your
- They are specially formulated to bond with craft foam.
- Foam shapes come in all varieties--flowers, hearts, sports
themes, stars, animals, etc.
- Foam shapes can also comes in larger sizes that you can
decorate with other smaller foam shapes, such as door hangers,
visors, or frames
- Foam Stamps are stamping blocks made from craft foam.
- Foam Stamps are softer, and therefore, safer for children to
- You can make your own stamps using the
Magic Stamp Moldable Blocks and create your own shapes
- Plaid Simply
Stamps offers foam stamps in a variety of designs
- Deco Art creates a special Dimensional Paint for craft foam. It
comes in a variety of colors and is very easy to write with.
- 3D or Puffy Paint also works well to
further decorate craft foam.
- Glitter Glue is also a fun choice to add
some sparkle to your project.
- Foam stickers come in all shapes & sizes and have a
peel-off adhesive backing to stick on any project easily!
- They are perfect to use when sticking onto other pieces of
craft foam, such as visors or sheets.
Popular Craft Foam Brands
Project Ideas and Inspiration
- Decorate a Craft Foam Visor with shapes and stickers
- Use for a dimensional look with scrapbooking
- Add stickers to your child's notebooks and binders for an added
- Use a foam stamp with puff paint for a unique texture
For more projects and inspiration, visit ThinkCrafts.com!
By Gina Torres
from the California Scrappin' Blog
Save and Share